Reading Room & Public Exhibition Hall hours
The reading room for registered researchers is open Mondays - Fridays; public exhibition spaces on the ground floor and mezzanine are open daily to all. There is no admission charge.
- Monday 10 am - 7 pm (Reading room & public exhibition hall)
- Tuesday-Thursday 9 am - 7 pm (Reading room & public exhibition hall)
- Friday 9 am - 5 pm (Reading room & public exhibition hall)
- Saturday 12 - 5 pm (Public exhibition hall only, ground floor & mezzanine)
- Sunday 12 - 4 pm (Public exhibition hall only, ground floor & mezzanine)
The library is closed these dates
- May 27, 2019 (Monday) Memorial Day
- July 4, 2019 (Thursday) Independence Day
- September 2, 2019 (Monday) Labor Day
- September 14, 2019 (Saturday) annual open house for current Yale University students only
- November 28 & 29, 2019 (Thursday & Friday) Thanksgiving Day
- December 24, 2019, through January 1, 2020 for Yale University winter recess
- January 20, 2020 (Monday) Martin Luther King Jr. Day – reading room closed, public exhibition areas open 12 noon to 4 pm, with special display of materials for the holiday
- April 12, 2020 (Sunday) Easter
Note to readers: all materials must be returned to the access services desk at least fifteen minutes before the reading room closes (i.e., 6:45 pm Monday - Thursday, 4:45 pm Friday).
Note to the public: Access to viewing some of the mezzanine exhibition cases may be restricted occasionally during special events. There are no public restrooms in the library. The nearest public restrooms are located nearby in Bass Library or Sterling Memorial Library.
The court (lower level) research and classrooms areas and the mezzanine public exhibition space are accessible to persons with disabilities via elevator. Researchers requiring special accommodations are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to their visit. Metered parking for persons with disabilities is available on College Street.
Please note: there are construction activities nearby the library, across the plaza and along Wall and High Streets, in 2019 and into 2020. The library remains open throughout the nearby construction, though portions of nearby sidewalks be closed at various times.
There are two entrances from Wall Street onto the plaza around the library; one of these entrances to the plaza may be restricted at various times through the summer 2019. The library remains open with regular operating hours; please observe posted signs or follow directions from security personnel as needed to enter the plaza.