Hours & Other Details
Reading Room (court level)
The reading room is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9am – 4:30pm, and Wednesday, 10am – 4:30pm, to registered researchers. Registration is available for Yale and non-Yale researchers. For information on registration, please see Guide to Using Special Collections at Yale University.
Public Exhibition Hall (ground floor and mezzanine)
Public visitors are welcome in the Beinecke Library exhibition hall on Monday and Tuesday, 9am – 7pm; Wednesday, 10am – 7pm; Thursday, 9am – 7pm; Friday, 9am – 5pm; and Saturday and Sunday, noon – 5pm. No reservation or registration is required for individual walk-in visits. NOTE: access to all or part of the mezzanine is restricted, on occasion, due to special events.
The public exhibition hall is closed on Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Friday, and during Yale winter recess from just before Christmas through the New Year holiday.
We are committed to the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Please note and follow these guidelines:
- Only library-led group tours alloqed
- Food & drink not permitted
- No public restrooms available
- Non-flash photography with hand-held camera for personal use allowed
- Photography for commercial use or formal distribution, wedding photography, flash photography, videography, selfie sticks, and tripods all prohibited
- Court (lower) level access reserved for staff and registered researchers
- 121 Wall Street is accessible to people with mobility challenges
- Visitors needing elevator access to and from the mezzanine level will be assisted by library staff
- Elevator access is reserved for mobility-challenged visitors and library staff
A reminder that all are welcome to access materials through the Beinecke Library’s Digital Collections as well as by requesting reproductions.