Hours & Other Details
Reading Room (court level)
Yale University faculty, staff, and students: The reading room is open on weekdays to Yale students, staff, and faculty authorized to be on campus. See Doing Research at the Beinecke Library for more information. Current hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9am – 4:30pm, and Wednesday, 10am – 4:30pm.
Public Exhibition Hall (ground floor and mezzanine)
- In accordance with Yale University policy, COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster, if eligible) is required for visitors five and older. You may be asked to present proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated children under the age of five are eligible to visit.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past ten days.
- Masking on campus is optional except in certain settings.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the exhibition hall.
- Closed on major holidays.
- There are no public restrooms.
- Gallery visitors may take non-flash photographs with a hand-held camera for personal enjoyment in service to their exhibition hall experience. Photography made for commercial use, wedding photography, and formal distribution are prohibited. Flash photography, videography, selfie sticks and the use of tripods are not permitted.
- 121 Wall Street is accessible to people with mobility challenges. Visitors needing elevator access to and from the mezzanine level will be escorted by a security staff member. Elevator access is reserved for mobility-challenged visitors and library staff.
- Group tours must be Yale-led tours. See Group Tours page for more information.
- Access to the court (lower) level is reserved for authorized researchers and classes on weekdays only.